Originally posted: March 23, 2017
WR Julio Jones expected to be ready for camp
Falcons WR Julio Jones is expected to be ready for the start of training camp, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Jones underwent what was deemed a minor foot surgery on March 6. He was in a boot but getting around without crutches at an appearance on Wednesday. “I’m good,” Jones said. “My thing right now is recovery.” We’ll continue to track his progress. For now, there’s no reason to believe the procedure will impact Jones’ 2017 campaign. (Draft Sharks)
Jets add WR Quinton Patton
The Jets have signed WR Quinton Patton. A 4th-rounder of the 49ers back in 2013, Patton has totaled just 73 catches across his first 4 NFL seasons. Half of those came last year, when he tallied 37 catches for 408 yards. There’s opportunity in New York, where Robby Anderson and Quincy Enunwa sit behind Eric Decker on the depth chart. But Patton has shown no reason to expect a fantasy breakout. (Draft Sharks)
Free Agency Roundup (NFL.com)
Here are some other free-agent moves we’ve been tracking Thursday:
1. The Los Angeles Rams agreed to terms with quarterback Aaron Murray and defensive tackle Tyrunn Walker. Murray was most recently a member of the Philadelphia Eagles’ practice squad. Walker started eight games for the Detroit Lions last season and has recorded 63 combined tackles during his five-year career.
2. The Chicago Bears re-signed wideout Deonte Thompson on a one-year deal. Last year, Thompson had 22 catches for 249 yards and two touchdowns.
3. The Los Angeles Chargers re-signed running back Branden Oliver on a one-year deal. Oliver entered the league as an undrafted free agent and provided a spark for the Chargers when their depth at the position was decimated by injuries.
4. The Bengals re-signed running back Cedric Peerman to a one-year contract. Peerman was once a Pro Bowl special-teams player in 2015 after nabbing 17 special-teams tackles.
5. Defensive tackle Ricky Jean Francois is signing a one-year $3 million deal with the Packers, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a source informed of the situation.
6. Former Niners linebacker Michael Wilhoite is signing with the Seahawks, source said to Rapoport.
As a non-profit entity, we do not have the staff to cover the NFL like other great websites. When we find great articles, we pass on the information and give credit where credit is due. The content on our website is provided for FREE and solely to assist the participants in the Fantasy Gives fantasy football fundraiser, where we utilize fantasy sports as a means to support non-profit groups.