Happiness is good health and a good memory. Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own. Happiness does not depend on outward things, but on the way we see them. Happiness and love are just a choice away. The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. There are some days when I think I am going to die from an overdose of satisfaction. Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of travelling.
- Are fantasy sports legal?
- Who are your affiliates.
- I do not see my charity.
- Cost for charity sign up.
- Is there an requirement?
- Any entry restrictions?
- Explain the Salary Cap.
- I forget to submit a lineup.
The UIGEA defines a “bet or wager” to include risking something of value on the outcome of a contest, sports event, or a “game subject to chance.” The “game subject to chance” restriction is designed to include Internet poker, while FANTASY SPORTS ARE SPECIFICALLY EXCLUDED from the definition of “bet or wager,” as long as any prize given to a participant is not determined by the amount of fees paid to enter the competition.
The laws relating to fantasy sports vary by state. However, in the vast majority of them, fantasy sports is considered a game of skill, skill being the predominant factor in determining a winner, and therefore legal.
In sum, please note that in order to have an online gaming platform in compliance with the UIGEA, three prongs must be met:
1. All prizes and awards offered to winning participants are established and made known to the participants in advance of the game or contest and their value is not determined by the number of participants or the amount of any fees paid by participants.
2. All winning outcomes reflect the relative knowledge and skill of participants and are determined predominantly by accumulated statistical results of the performance of individuals (athletes in the case of sports events) in multiple real-world sporting or other events.
3. No winning outcomes is based:
a. On the score, point spread, or any performance or performances of any single real world team or any combination of such teams; or
b. Solely on any single performance of an individual athlete in any single real-world sporting or other event.
At the time of this writing, residents of Arizona, Iowa, Louisiana, Montana, North Dakota, Puerto Rico, Vermont, the province of Quebec in Canada and where otherwise prohibited by law may only participate in free contests and shall not be eligible to win any cash prizes or reward points.